Pages

Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Mixed Emotions

03/07/07

I'm leaving soon to see if I can bust Willie out of jail. That is, if he is there. He went off missing yesterday after school and didn't come home last night. Erin thinks he might have gone down to the PPR ravine, wondered into the cow herd, and got trampled to death. Davis is sure that some dog lover found him, recognized his obvious value, and claimed him for his own. Walter is sure he is dead, flattened by a passing semi or shot by an angry homeowner who didn't want his bunnies agitated. I'm fairly certain he was smote down by a vengeful god, peeved by the Destruction of the Word. But, we heard through the grapevine that a neighbor thought her husband might have taken an animal fitting Willie's description to the Animal Shelter last night because they were afraid he might try to cross a busy road. So, on the off chance I am doing good by protecting the flimsy shelter cages from the destructo dog, I am WITH MIXED EMOTIONS going to see if he is there.

I have to do it now, because we leave for a four-day family vacation to San Antonio as soon as I get home. Sorry to have to keep you in suspense, but I'll let you know if I find him in the local equivalent to the Folsum County Prison when I return on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment