Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

You Can Breathe

July 11, 2007

For those of you holding your breath for news on Erin's scans, feel free to breathe. Erin made it through all of the various tests and scans on Monday and Tuesday with almost universally good news:

GFR (kidney functioning): normal
Echo Cardiogram (heart functioning): normal
Bone Scan: normal
CT Scan: unchanged from previous scan on April 4 (stable)
Blood Chemistries: normal
Complete Blood Count: adequate

One blood number came up a little high (TSH--Thyroid Stimulating Hormone), so we will keep an eye on it to make sure that Erin's thyroid was not somehow damaged as a result of all of the treatment she's had. While the number was on the high side, the clinical signs to look for if she had hypothyroidism (lethargy, lack of growth, weight gain) are completely absent, so we will watch and wait.

I will update you with the fun part and some picture later, but now I have to go pick figs, before it gets too hot. Before I leave, I would like to thank Davis for updating the site on Sunday and letting everyone know what we were doing. I slipped out of town without doing it myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment