Pages

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

We're Back

August 8, 2007

We found our way back to Bryan yesterday. Erin's one month labs were due today, and I am proud to report that Erin took the venopuncture in stride. Even better were the results. I didn't publish the results of the last blood draw we took right before we departed, but I have to say, that at the time I was quite disappointed. I had expected robust numbers and ended up leaving for vacation with the distinct impression that I needed to guard Erin from germs of every shape and form. With an ANC of 1600 (only a little above the prescribed isolation level), I figured we'd arrive back in Bryan with sniffles, a fever, or worse.

Didn't happen. In fact, we all had a healthy vacation, in every sense, and Erin's hemoglobin, white blood count, and platelets were all normal this afternoon. It looks like the predictions about cyclophosphomide being incrementally better on every dimension might well turn out to be true.

I took time today out of the catch up routine (you know unpacking, laundry, shopping, reading back issues of the local paper, and of course eating regular, non-restaurant food) to update the Davis Report. I will try for a better and fuller re-cap of Erin's take on vacation when I swim to the surface again in the next few days. In the meantime, I will leave you with a photo of Erin with Uncle Dave (who Davis is named for) and Aunt Norma.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to have you back, Buengers!! We missed you while you were gone! Post more news about the trip soon!

    ReplyDelete