Pages

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Gina's Restaurant

March 15, 2008

This update is for folks in the Brazos Valley. I have kept this under my hat for several weeks, and I still don't have complete information, BUT I want all of you to know that Gina's Restaurant will re-open (it looks like soon) on Groesbeck in Bryan.

Gina's was the Buenger's favorite restaurant for eighteen years. It opened months before Davis was born and close months before he left for college. We ate there about once a week during the intervening years. Once Gina Cortez got all of her children through college (and Eddie through South Texas Law School, a feat that took longer than it should have), she closed up shop to take a much needed rest.

A few weeks ago I drove by a tidy brick building on the way home from downtown when I saw someone painting a sign that looked like it was going to say "Gina's." I crossed my fingers and added Groesbeck to my regular errand route. Evidence has mounted enough that I feel confident announcing the return of Gina's. (Note to self: although there is only one stoplight between my house and Gina's, please remember to stop on red, as Leonard and 2818 is a dangerous intersection.)

2 comments:

  1. Great News!
    We are looking forward to seeing you all now that the weather is getting prettier!
    We miss you and love you all!
    We think and pray all the time!
    We will send our comments to Hutchinson!
    Blessings!

    Beverly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    I'm not sure if you remember me, but I'm a member at First Pres Bryan. I was a student at A&M a few years back, and now I'm in seminary in Atlanta. I'm still on Diane's prayer list, and I look at this website to check on Erin and pray for her from time to time. She looks great (and so much older than when I last saw her)! You're a wonderful Mother.
    Peace,
    Whitney Wilkinson

    ReplyDelete