Pages

Saturday, January 3, 2015

My Christmas Gift Is Better than Yours

January 3, 2015

Maybe you think this is going to be a spirit-filled post larded with warm feelings about being together with friends and family in the holiday season.   

Maybe you saw on Facebook that we deferred the celebration of Christmas by a week plus because our collective schedules didn't line up until the new year, and you think I am about to wax on about how the 25th is an arbitrary day to celebrate, and how we defied convention and harvested the blessings of a less-stressed day.

Maybe I have lulled you into the mindset that I am about to talk about perfect love or the wonder of thirty married Christmases or memories of Christmases with our complete family.

You certainly don't think I'm comparing what I got to what you got . . . but actually I am . . . and I haven't even got it yet.

For the last two months, Davis has been planning our family Christmas present.  He found individual photos of family members, pixilated them, and built algorithms to translate the pixilated photos into colors in the Lego color palette.  Here's an example:




Then, he ordered Lego pieces from all over the world (more than 6000 of them) that matched our various complexions, hair coloring, and shadowing and had them delivered to our house.  And today he and Emma got to work on this year's Christmas Project--A Family Photo Gallery Rendered in Lego Brick (1x1s):






Since they haven't completed the full gallery yet, you still have time to whip your children into shape so that you have a chance to get an even better gift than I am going to have.   Let me know when you are ready to concede.  

I will post the full six lego portraits when they are done.

4 comments:

  1. I think you win, Vickie! Hands down, I think you win. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello everyone,

    What are your Financial needs?
    We give out loans from a minimum of $1,000.00 to a maximum of $10,000,000.00 with comfortable duration that ranges from 1 to 30 years at a very reduced interest rate of 3%.

    Do you need a business loan?
    Do you need a personal loan?
    Do you want to buy a car?
    Do you want to refinance?
    Do you need a mortgage loan?

    Do you need a huge capital to start off your business proposal or expansion? Have you lost hope and you think there is no way out, and your financial burdens still persists?
    Please do not hesitate to contact us for possible business co-operation

    Contact us via email: ramzanhelp31@gmail.com

    Mr. Ramzan

    ReplyDelete