Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Un-Able to be Corriged

January 1, 2008

That's Willie: the dog unable to be corriged. I know all dogs do naughty things, but I was hoping for a better start to the new year than having Willie attempt to pull the ten pound pork loin onto the floor for a gnosh, while we entertained the new minister and his family in the living room. All I heard was his nails scrabbling on the formica (am I the only person in America that still has formica counter tops?), but I knew that scrabbling nails were just a precursor to incorrigible behavior. I was not wrong. When I punished Willie by putting him up in my bedroom (risking gnawing or worse among my personal possessions), the tender-hearted, dog-loving pastor
plead his case (even though he knew not the exact nature of Willie's transgression). I told him that letting Willie lounge around on my bed and rest his chin on my down pillows wasn't exactly like sending him to Gitmo.

Disaster averted. Dinner saved. But hope for the new year dashed. Oh well, I wouldn't want to waste all my positive energy on getting my dog to behave when we have scans coming up.

1 comment:

  1. I, too, have formica counter tops. We should stage a coups. I also have 26 year old carpet. Can you top that one, Vickie Buenger?! I enjoyed seeing Erin at "Christmas Carol." We should get together soon. Any holidays coming up?

    ReplyDelete