Pages

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Bit by Bit

February 21, 2008

What good turn did you do to make you so deserving of three posts in four days? I don't know, but I hope it was good and that someone else benefited.

Erin's body, I believe, has pumped most of the remnants of cefnidir out, and she has bounced back to something approaching normal. Her fatigue has dissipated (although that, too, has its downside since she busted her lip with an especially powerful kick while juggling her soccer ball last night). Her digestive track has returned to normal, as evidenced by the double servings of roast chicken, cole slaw, and pasta last night. For you tongue-watchers out there, the most powerful muscle in her body has resumed its usual size and acerbity. She still has a headache, common in the Brazos Valley these days, as the warm February has prompted the cedars (called junipers everywhere else in America, I think) to load their tips with yellow pollen.

Erin finished the three day topper of zithromax last night (you can imagine the bribes it cost me to get her to take even three days of a liquid medicine). We had counts done this afternoon. Since it took two sticks to get the venopuncture done, I didn't try for early returns to satisfy my base curiosity by making her do a fingerstick, too. I will have to wait until the next day like the general public.

We are getting ready for the weekend. I got a note home with Erin's report card today (lowest grade in any class this six weeks? 97), telling me I needed to report for parent duty tomorrow afternoon because Erin was receiving an award for her P.E. performance (little jock that she is). Our friends Bill and Sue, who moved to Ashville, North Carolina, have returned to town for a visit, so we will get together with them for dinner tomorrow, as well. Saturday Erin will bake for Sunday's Older Elementary Fellowship bake sale that they will hold on Sunday. Other than that, I hope we can find a little time for chores.

No comments:

Post a Comment