Pages

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Can You Spell Pleural Effusion?

January 20, 2009

Dr. Parr didn't hear too much of interest when he listened to Erin's chest yesterday (not to imply that Erin has an uninteresting chest or anything), but precautionarily ordered a chest x-ray. We had that done, slick as a whistle, and made it home to fix Walter's birthday dinner. Erin made salmon quiche, with from-scratch pastry, and went on to bed around 9:00. At 9:45 we got a call from Dr. Parr, reporting fluid on Erin's right lower lung.

The good news, according to Dr. Parr, was that we didn't have to drive down to Houston right that minute. The other side of the coin was that we needed to be at Texas Children's by 9:00 a.m. today, so that Dr. Russell could give Erin a listen and try to get her in for a CT scan so we could see what was happening in three dimensions.

That's where we are.

5 comments:

  1. Erin -

    It was an absolute delight to get to see you at clinic today. Tho, I do hate that you had to be at clinic and not sitting in class! Yikes - I'm hoping for a very treatable reason for this fluid.

    I just love you kiddo!

    xoxo Lara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope where you are now is back home and relieved. Thanks for yesterdays post-I am ashamed to say that was the first time I ever read it in its entirety.

    SheaVB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! I sure hope you guys are back home!!

    As always, you're in my thoughts!

    -K

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vickie & Erin-
    Hope your got a good report. Thanks again for coming to Matt's rescue at the e.r. Monday -- the Tylenol helped a lot (his arm is broken, btw).

    And Vickie, thanks for Dr. King's speech. I like your tradition -- I'll read it to the boys!

    Hope to see good news here! Love, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unfortunately, I happen to be familiar with pleural effusion. We're hoping it turns out to be something simple that clears up quickly. Love, Missy Morgan

    ReplyDelete