Pages

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Sweat

August 8, 2010

The off-season came to a screeching halt on Friday and the cool New Mexican mountain air that I breathed only last Wednesday became a faded memory. Soccer resumed on Friday. Truth be told, it resumed last Monday, but I slacked and enjoyed vacation while the girls had their first practice of the fall season with their new trainer Wally Crittendon. We had our first friendlies yesterday, and I am almost certain that most of the girls wish they had spent less time with facebook and their smart phones during the last two month and more time away from their couch. Frankly, I am thinking the same thing about the way I Spent My Summer Vacation. August promises to be a painful month--not just hot but dedicated to turning those soft, gone-to-pot muscles back into something useful.

It will be torture, but I can not think of a greater group of young women to torture myself for than

Megan
Sydni
Emily
JJ
Sydney
Alyssa
Lindsey
Tori
Ariel
Bailey
Keaton
Regan
Kiley
Lexi

I'm also hoping Kimberly makes it back on the pitch from her season ending knee injury last May and really wish Sam would reconsider her need to take a season off.

We are going to do fantastic things together this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment