Pages

Monday, June 4, 2012

View

 June 4, 2012


Maximillian had his second post op visit last Friday (and no complaining from the peanut gallery about my slow update).  We were pretty sure he was healing and suspected they would pop him back into another cast after he had his x-ray.  We didn't actually guess that they would put him back in a cast and tell him they would take another look in three weeks.


Here's a shot of three of five of the healing incisions on the Frankenstein foot (with the swelling, he now has a regular width foot.).





Do you think he has a chance as a foot model?  I guess it depends on whether you need a "before" or  an "after" photo.

Here's the view from the inside.  The long piece by the heel is a bolt.


The next shot has the same foot twice.  You can see the staples and multiple screws.  I don't think I have a shot with the wedge, and the putty doesn't show up on x-ray.


In the meantime, I've been jet setting it and am still in DC trying to do all the good.  We had a very productive Project Collaborate meeting on Sunday and have some real meat on our efforts.  I even fit in a visit to my Congressman's office along with many productive conversations with various childhood cancer advocates.

Now, I'm trying to use my superhero powers to keep the Spurs ahead of OKC while live-chatting with Davis.  

I'll be home tomorrow to relieve the Eagle Scout who has been walking the doggies and helping Walter get down to the dock and back for his rowing.   

3 comments:

  1. Oh my Lord, that is some extensive foot repair!!!... and .. just.. Ouch.

    Congrats on your good work with Project Collaborate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like it hurts! Woo hoo for Project Collaborate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see that healing is taking place. And I seriously don't want to hurt Max's feelings, but the first thing that came to mind when I saw his poor, swollen foot was the ugly stepsisters in Cinderella (Disney version) trying to fit their oversized feet into the tiny glass slipper.

    Here's hoping he will be back to normal (which I presume is somewhere between the ugly stepsisters and Cinderella) very soon.

    ReplyDelete