Pages

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Explore

July 4, 2013

Day 4.5--We capped off our 4th day with a rooftop dining experience at the Sydney Cafe.  I won't rub it in that we are experiencing brilliant weather (high expected today of 70F), but I will say that the roof view from atop the fifth story of the historic Sydney Charter House was sublime.  Unfortunately, I'm a bad photographer (but here is an attempt at the Harbor Bridge and to the right, the edge of the Opera House:


Day 5--I'm not sure what it's like to travel and not see folks we know  We knew we'd be with the Tjoelkers, but we also had the good fortune to connect with some of the Keblises.  Hilary taught 6th grade math at Jane Long when Erin was there ,and Cat was a brilliant all-around soccer player from the earliest days, who I apparently didn't ruin by bad coaching when she was a elementary and intermediate school student.


I could actually go on and on about the Royal Botanical garden, where we saw one of the rarest trees in the world, a wollemi pine, and acres and acres of amazing gardens and botanical specimens.  However, let me just show you the scale of what I'm talking about.  [NOTE BENE:  Walter's wing span is six feet six inches.  There is no photoshopping involved to stretch the scale of the girth of this Moreton Bay fig tree.  Yes, I said fig tree)



No comments:

Post a Comment