Pages

Friday, April 18, 2008

60

April 18, 2008

Give a shout! Thanks to Wayne Allard, Republican Senator from Colorado, and Claire McCaskill, Democratic Senator from Missouri (who both signed on as co-sponsors yesterday), the number of Senate co-sponsors for the Conquer Childhood Cancer Act now stands at 60! Who says that politics has to be polarizing. Thoughtful and compassionate people from both sides of the aisle can see the merits of this bill and take a stand to cooperate. Isn't America great?

I do not know when this bill will get to the floor, but it now has enough support to pass in the Senate. And as I said yesterday, we are one supporter away from a majority in the House (although the bill is still in subcommittee as far as I know. . .come out, come out wherever you are).

This is progress.


1 comment:

  1. Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Vinho, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://vinho-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

    ReplyDelete