Pages

Friday, August 29, 2008

Unknown

August 29, 2008

As I walked around the lake this morning in the pre-dawn darkness, I understood how in the dark I really was. I will spend the day waiting for the phone to ring. When the call comes, the screen on my cell will say "Unknown" because the hospital blocks caller ID. Still, I'll know who it is. What I won't know, until I answer, is whether Erin's scan results yesterday will let us continue down the path that we know--eight classes a day at the middle school (confusing and yet exciting), chemo at home (yucky, but tolerable), Mystic soccer (tough and thrilling)--or whether we'll be thrown into the Unknown--harder treatment, probable hair loss, neutropenia, hospitalizations.

4 comments:

  1. Thinking of you. Olga

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for and with you all.
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh Vickie - I hate the waiting. I think we're going to have a home run of good news all the way around...
    Lara W

    ReplyDelete