Pages

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Observe (Personally)

December 22, 2010


I had planned a journal entry for today that involved a youtube video and wind.  I can save it.  


Instead, I'm going to exercise a point of personal privilege this morning, much as Congressman Chet Edwards did on the floor of the U.S. House of Representatives last night.  I encourage you to watch the entire twenty-five minutes if you have the time as he talks about what is right and best about America (this video starts about half a minute before he takes the floor, but it was the best I could do in the way of editing the C-SPAN video so that you didn't have to watch the preceding ten hours and 57 minutes of deliberations).  If you don't have a half an hour to spare, skip to the second clip I have embedded below (SPOILER ALERT:  Erin plays a featured role as her legacy becomes part of the permanent Congressional record.).  It's just a minute or two that comes near the end of his speech.  Let me know what you think.




4 comments:

  1. Erin is a true inspiration -- she is always remembered for her passion, her compassion and her enthusiasm. I strive every day to live like Erin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - this brought me to tears..what a wonderful legacy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolute awesomeness! Brought a tear to my eye as well....truly a wonderful legacy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think he hit this one on the nose. What a wonderful tribute. Wishing you a happy healthy holiday filled with beautiful memories of your beautiful girl.

    kim from ny-

    ReplyDelete