Pages

Friday, April 22, 2011

Clean or Not

April 22, 2011

My friend Lisa met me for lunch today and asked me, "How are things?"

I replied, "Oh, things are fine.  There are just so many of them."

And that's the truth.  There are just so many things these days.  Loads of things.

I am beaving along, though, knocking through the things one by one.  If I owe you an email, you will get one eventually.  If I owe you a work package, you'll get that too.  If you are my house, I'm afraid you're going to have to wait a couple more weeks.  If you are the dust bunny living under my bed, the ever expanding spider family working on the eleventh renovation to your loft-area web, or the luxurious weeds growing rampantly in my front, side, or back flower bed, that means you have a reprieve.  

If any of you are ahead of me on the spring cleaning schedule, we are about two weeks away from the 

Second Annual Erin Buenger Memorial Scholarship Fund 
 GARAGE SALE

I would so love to have any sell-able items you would like to part with.

THINGS TO REMEMBER:
  • We have a storage space if you want get rid of your things before May 6 (call, email, or facebook, if you want to take advantage of this option)
  • NO CLOTHES
  • The Sale takes place at Jane Long Middle School on May 7
  • Set up the night before
We have great applicants for the scholarship this year!

2 comments:

  1. yes, yes. end of the semester. i'm TA-ing in a class of just 9 amazing people, and i don't know how y'all do it with 30 students. (I'm a volunteer TA, I need the experience, and this was in science ed. I hope to advertise myself as an instructional technologist with experience in science ed). How do you give the 30 students, or 2 classes of 30, the attention they deserve? Plus, what about research, and we pesky doc students??? *whew* i actually do want to go into academia - i love research and mentoring - but the time it takes.. well, you know.

    hang in there, count down the days. if i could help you grade - i would. i only have a dissertation to work on and 9 students to TA for. oh yeah, and that paper to get into submission quality, and that other paper that's been sitting out there, and irb to get for a few studies.. oh yeah, and my 10 hour a week job.

    i really do not know how you do it. i guess one learns.

    until i get the chance to learn (God willing I do) I *bow* in reverence to your ability to do it all Dr. Buenger. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome event (and scholarship!) in honor of Erin.

    ReplyDelete