Pages

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Clean

March 12, 2010

With warmer temps (at least here in Texas) and copious sunshine, some of you may anticipate doing a bit (or a bunch) of spring cleaning over the next few weeks. I know I am. If you find that you have things you would like to dispose of, consider this:

On Saturday, April 24, Erin's school, Jane Long Middle School, is having a garage sale. This is not just any old garage sale, where someone tries to sell their garage or even the junk in their garage. This sale is the major way the the Jane Long PTO funds the Erin Buenger Scholarship, established in her memory.

If you are interested in cleaning out your garage and donating some items to our sale, we have a place to store those things between now and then. Let me know (vbuenger@mays.tamu.edu) .

Since what I know about garage sales can fit on Teddy's toenail, I sought and got advice to help guide your giving:

Things That Sell:

  • Baby/toddler clothing in good condition
  • Toys
  • Furniture in pretty good shape
  • Home Electronics (tv, radio, dvd players, etc.)
  • Art Supplies
  • Anything for kids
  • Computers and Equipment
  • Art Supplies
  • DVDs & CDs
  • Gardening equipment
  • Art & Collectibles
  • and more!
No thank you - doesn't sell:
  • Bed mattresses, sheets
  • Items too "used" or worn
  • Magazines, books
  • Anything dirty or dusty
  • Anything torn or with stains
  • Shoes (unless new and unworn)
  • Most clothing not for babies/ toddlers
  • Upholstered furniture not in great shape
In the meantime, clean has pervaded our lives, from the clean jokes that Walter prefaced his Presidential Address with last Friday evening.


To Walter and my making a convincing clean sweep over UT (t.u.) in the first round of the First Annual TSHA pool tournament in our suite after the Presidential Banquet last Friday night.
To the clean up of the house and yard when we returned from Dallas, so that we could host a meet and greet between local Young Democrats and Congressman Chet Edwards last Sunday evening.

Now, while I'm on a roll, I'd better get cleaning.

5 comments:

  1. I don't know if you noticed, but your reflection is perfectly framed by Walter's arm.
    t.u. huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the t.u. There's been a firestorm about that around here lately, so I was just trying to play it both ways.

    I hadn't noticed the artistry of the photo. You've got an amazing eye.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have my eyes open for suitable items for the sale. Meanwhile, some green beads caught my eye the other day, so I bought them.....May have to just bring them by soon, just so I can have a look at you.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. A bunch of historians in the presidential suite... I bet they'll never get the stains out ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is an amazing photo capture, did you realize it before your reader commented? Wow!

    And.. WE SOLD OUR FIRST ERIN LANYARD!!!.. We've had a very very slow two months at F & R, so don't take it personally. Where should I send the $? We stipulate cash or check to your cause at the price you suggested, just so you know. The woman had tears in her eyes, enjoyed Erin's story and tenacity.

    ReplyDelete