Pages

Tuesday, March 7, 2006

Good, But Quick, News

3/07/06


This is going to be quick because I need to get out and start celebrating.  Dr. Russell called this morning about ten minutes before my first class with the news that Erin's CT scan continues to be stable after these first two rounds of oral etoposide AND that her bone scan looked the best it has looked since before the mystery tumor showed up on her spine a year and a half ago.  I think she used the word "normal."


Those of you closest to me realize that this was the news I wanted, but wasn't really expecting to get.  I have sooo enjoyed the past two months--no clinic visits, no IV chemo, no side effects--that I guess I was just waiting for the other shoe to fall.  I would look at Erin everyday and see her apple cheeks, her healthy appetite, and her pants looking a bit short, and I would discount all of that evidence that things were going well, and instead concentrate on every ache and pain and any little complaint that came out of her mouth.  Well, that's behind me.  Erin has the go ahead to take three more rounds of oral etoposide before she scans again, and I want to enjoy every moment.
 
I have to hit the road now.  Erin has horseback riding right after school, and Davis has a game tonight with crosstown rival Consol.  I will try to fill in the details of the past week, including the 7-1 win in Erin's game last weekend tomorrow or Thursday.  In the meantime, don't take anything for granted.  I'm not.

No comments:

Post a Comment