Pages

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

We Don't Know Much

October 14, 2008

I have seen the stats on my page counter turning pretty rapidly since I got home about an hour ago, so I figured I better update, even if we don't know a lot. The preliminary report on the CT scan is that Erin's tumor area hasn't really changed one way or another since late August. There have been many times in the past when unchanged was a satisfying outcome, but after doing two round of IV chemo we were hoping for more. We won't have the final report or the report on the bone scan until Thursday.

As it stands now, we have to make some decisions about what to do next. If we continue doing what we've done, we won't start that until October 30. If we change things up and choose a trial, Erin wouldn't be eligible to start something new until October 28. That gives us a reasonable window (two weeks) to consider our options.

For the record, Erin's labs today were mostly good:

HGB 9.9 (the transfusion seems to have stuck)
WBC 4800 (close to normal)
ANC 2900 (normal, and to me shocking, since she has never been this high on Day 12 of the previous nine round of this chemo combo)
PLT 24,000 (not good for soccer or kick boxing, but not quite to the point where we transfuse)



8 comments:

  1. Glad you are back and without bad news. I believe Erin, with your help, will overcome everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Argh! I was hoping for better news, but for now I will be happy that you've stopped any progression in its tracks and that is huge.
    We'll be thinking of you and Erin and praying for great options all around...

    Lara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you as the results come back and the time approaches for decisions on what's next. Enjoyed the videos. Erin looks great-she is just as beautiful without hair!


    Your supporter in NJ
    Mara
    http://laurastiles-nj.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey guys thanks for the update. I know that we were all hopeing for shrinkage but I have learned that stable is still great!
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still hoping and praying for improved or stable scans for Erin! I saw one of the notes on your previous posting from a couple of days ago where someone recommended www.fantasticcontraption.com. I showed it to my 11 year old son, Anthony, and he loves it!!! Erin should check it out if she hasn't already.

    Take care, Charon Edgington

    ReplyDelete
  6. We would like to send Erin a care package for herself and Teddy... my son (12 years) and I have been following her blog, praying along with you..we have a little mop of a dog too, and Mike plays soccer.. I realize it might be difficult to trust random internet viewers, but if you would feel comfortable, we'de love to send the "stuff" we put together for Erin..and Teddy! You can reach me at trailblazer65@hotmail.com for further comment - Karen M.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, if only we lived closer... I'm glad that you had not bad news. I guess, we all know, we have to take what we can get these days, huh?

    The doctors told us that Eva will probably need her first transfusion on Friday.

    As always, I keep Erin in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete