Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Wish

March 27, 2012

As in, I wish this post had a coherent theme.  Alas, it doesn't.  But here are some random things:

Davis came home last week.  It was a coincidence.  He was accepted to attend a math conference hosted at A&M.  After I heard the theme (Groups, Geometry, and Random Structures) I even considered going to some of the sessions with him.  Of course, that was when I thought I knew what those five words meant.  When I looked at the session titles, I realized my confidence about understanding any of it drained away rapidly after I got past the articles, conjunctions and prepositions.

You can test yourself.   Here's a link to the program:   http://www.math.tamu.edu/~kerr/groups12/program.html

In the wake of Davis's departure, I did what came naturally.  I washed his sheets and towels, remade the bed, and volunteered to keep a teenage boy at my house for a week while his mother went to mandated training over in Austin.  I think I must have gotten used to seeing a light on in Davis's room at random times in the day and night.  I had completely forgotten the rat's nest of traffic trying to move west to east across town at 8:00 when I took Connor to school yesterday.  This morning we took a different, secret route.

I read on facebook a little while ago about a trend in smart phone storage that occasionally results in women texting photos of their boobs to their friends on speed dial.  Given the size of smart phones that don't always fit in a pocket, some women keep them in their bras so they will always have them close at hand.

I only have two thoughts about that:
  • What if there is only room for a nano iPod in there?
  • If my phone were in my bra, where would I keep my chocolate and how would I keep it warm?
I had a great time at the Greens Prairie Elementary Rodeo and Craft Fair on Saturday and the folks down there loved and supported Erin's Dream Lanyards.  I wondered if their PTO screens their officers and volunteers.  They were all very nice and very organized.  And all of them I saw could make the final call for casting for the Hot PTO Mom's of College Station.  I felt relieved that I no longer had elementary kids, because I know I would not have made the cut.
    

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you were there! They were all so impressed with you and with Erin's cause. It was good to see you, and get to visit some. and you're right, all of those women are beautiful! I'm just glad they let me hang around with them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer,

      It was my pleasure. And also great to see Matthew and Mason in action.

      Delete
  2. You are too funny, Vickie. I have missed you. I know, it seems odd to say since we have never met but it's been quite some time since I've been on blogger. I've missed reading your wisdom and wit.

    I hope you are doing well.

    Love & hugs,
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete