Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2006

*&%^% Machine

01/08/06


I hope I am not contagious.  I have picked up a cruel, cruel virus that slows my CPU down to glacier speed.  Imagine. . .my typing is faster than my computer's ability to display text.  That's sloooow.  It also explains the paucity of updates.  I don't have the patience to wait for my computer to boot up, much less to hang fire while it decides whether or not it is going to let me load programs.  I could go up to the office (and would have if there had been anything urgent to report), but the gorgeous winter weather has kept me in the garden and about the lake rather than at the office.  Back to the grind next week.


In the meantime, you suffer:  no updates, no prayer instructions, no sly stories--just that same old post-Christmas chestnut about burning down the sanctuary.  Well, don't expect much from this.  Erin and Davis had a splendid vacation with lots of friends and fun.  They returned to school with very little complaint.  Erin's white counts were low when they were supposed to be and bounced back as expected.  Tomorrow we will check on the hemoglobin and platelets and make sure they complied with my message to return to normal.  Erin will also take the opportunity to lay about (inside and underneath scanning machines). 


We are (again) hoping for all clear, improved, or stable.  There hasn't really been anything going on with Erin medically that would foreshadow anything else.  Of course, I will let you know as soon as I find out something.  As long as we don't get answer "D" ("things look worse"), we will have chemo again (Relapse Round 10) here in Bryan next week.  Her appointments (see, I am an optimist and scheduled as if I already knew the outcome) are Monday through Friday (1/16-1/20) afternoon, starting at about 1:00 and continuing through about 5:00 or 5:30.  I really hope that that is what happens.


Davis's high school soccer season started last Friday, so get ready to hear about them regularly.  They will play at least twice a week from now until April, longer if they push into the playoffs.  He looked really good and fit, even after the two week lay off.

 
This brief update is all I have the patience for with this machine.  Check again later in the week.  Maybe by then I will be driving a new machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment